A special attraction event first held in conjunction with the 2020 ABC National Specialty, the Most Versatile Beauceron Challenge is not an AKC sanctioned event.
Challengers must participate in a minimum of three (3) event types and qualify in a minimum of two (2).
Challengers may be handled by multiple handlers.
Owner-handled entrants will be given bonus points in Conformation events (AKC Owner-handled rules and eligibility apply)
Qualifying Event Types:
Number of events and Event Types may change from year to year based on available options and number of competitors.
Events will be limited to those available to all participants. Therefore, events such as Sweeps, Stud/Brood, and Juniors will not be included.
This year’s MVB Challenge Secretary is Gabby Murdock
2020 Closing Date is May 3, 2020
Entries should include a photo of the challenger, however this is not an entry requirement.
- Candid photos only please.
- Photos should not be win photos from any venue.
- Photos may be posted in a gallery for public viewing on site or online
- There is no fee to participate in the challenge.
By entering a challenger, each handler acknowledges that they have read and understood the rules of the MVB Challenge. It is also expected that each handler hold themselves to the highest level of sportsmanship.
The single highest point value earned in each Event Type will be used in tabulating a challengers’ points.
- Points within Event Types are not cumulative.
- Additional points will not be awarded for multiple placements/qualifying scores.
In the event of a tie, the following tie breakers will be used in this order:
- Number of Event Types qualified in
- Total number of classes qualified in
- Total number of classes participated in
- Highest point value eligible for, not including Conformation
If scores are still tied, two awards at that place will be given, and the subsequent place will be skipped (e.g. 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 4th). If necessary, duplicate prize may be obtained after the event and mailed to the second winner.
A committee member or representative present at the specialty shall be assigned as scorekeeper
- Scorekeeper will post points for each entrant daily in a public place.
- The manner in which point information can and will be received by the committee member responsible for tracking scores will vary.
- The information may not always be available immediately from the superintendent or secretary.
- The manner in which scores from each Event Type will be collected will be explicitly outlined in the premium.
MVB Challenge placements will be awarded through 4th place.
- If possible the Awards will be announced at the ABC National Awards Banquet.
- If the challenge is completed in time for the awards to be announced at the National Banquet then awards will not be mailed and it will be the winner’s responsibility to arrange for award pick up if they cannot be present.
- If the challenge cannot be completed in time for winners to be announced at the National Banquet, awards will be mailed if hey cannot be delivered in person.
- It is not a requirement that awards be listed in the premium.
In 2020, the Awards Banquet will be held prior to the end of all qualifying events for the week. results will be finalized as quickly as practical, and awards will be mailed.